Here are some tips to help improve your diet and get you moving towards a healthy lifestyle!
- Eat Breakfast! And eat it within an hour of waking to jump start your metabolism.
- Drink your water and limit other beverages, making this change alone if you are a soda or juice drinker can lead to weight loss.
- Eat often throughout the day, eating every 3-4 hours will help keep your metabolism working all day and also keep you from getting too hungry and binge eating after long periods of not eating later.
- Eat at least 5 fruits and vegetables every day, a variety is even better.
- Eat complex carbohydrates. Complex carbohydrates have more fiber, which keeps you fuller, longer. They also are converted by the body differently than refined carbohydrates like white bread, so they make our body happier. Shoot for 75 percent of your carbohydrates to be complex, (if an item has a label that is three grams of fiber or more per serving).
- Stop eating two hours before you go to sleep.
- Limit sugar intake to one small treat a day, make it a treat instead of a necessity or regular part of your whole day.